Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Inside Jokes

(Reposted from 12/12/08)

First, in answer to everyone who's asked about buying the book-- It's not quite available yet. With hope and much luck, it'll be available in a couple of weeks! We just finished proofing the entire book and KM Ricker has graced us with some high-quality cover art. Now we just have to wait for Booksurge to send us a physical copy to approve.

To get a personal notification emailed sent straight to you from myself and JLY the second we know it's available, you can send us an email with the subject line "Book" to eastridge@schoolforadventurers.com

Thank you very much to everyone who has emailed us so far, and to everyone who has expressed interest or encouragement! It really means a lot to us. Probably more than you realize. =)

Anyway, I have a trick that I use to prompt JLY into posting on her blog. I usually tell her "people are going to think you're dead", and she magically pulls out a post. I realized today that since I haven't posted on my blog in quite some time, people are going to start thinking I'm dead. So, here's proof that I'm not.

You might have caught on by now that, while we do take the story seriously at times, we're not above being silly when the occasion calls for it. However, some of the silly things we like to talk about never quite make the cut of being in the story... So they end up on our blogs.

One of the particularly funny things that's come up lately is that we use some current day slang and terminology, even though SFA is set in a fantasy world. JLY's explanation for this is that the slang and terminology just happens to be a coincidence, and that the sources have nothing to do with our modern sources.

JLY: So we should have the same months, but for totally different reasons.

KL: Like the month February... Named after the february bush.

So, if you've read this week's post, you'll notice that a 'febuary bush' did manage to slip in and make the final cut... And now you know why. ^_^ This is something that JLY and KM Ricker and I would usually just chuckle at quietly to ourselves, but today I thought it was worth sharing... But perhaps you had to be there? ^_^*

Well, that's all for me.

- KL over and out.

Outtake while considering creating a new term for 'dating':

“So what’s going on with you and Averi?” Wisteria asked. “You haven’t been wearing your matching bracelets.”

“I’m not exactly going to wear a bracelet around school,” Rai said. “If the Thieves don’t steal it, then the Warriors would never let me live it down. Besides I didn’t keep it. After everything that happened, we weren’t exactly thinking about schnoffelhoffendaaz,” Rai said somberly. “It was the furthest thing from my mind.”

No comments:

Post a Comment