Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Reviews, Deadlines, New Favorite Hobbies.

(Reposted from 09/10/08)

First off, I really can't thank everyone enough for joining the facebook group, posting comments, joining the tangler forum and overall reading the book. My new favorite hobby is checking to see who the new members of the facebook group are, and hoping we break 100 people. ^_^

Also, I'll admit that every now and then JLY, KM Ricker, and I spend a couple of hours sorting through all of the places where fans have posted SFA links on forums, or mentioned it on blogs or profiles. It's always a jolt of encouragement to see that someone out there has taken the time to share our story with other people. We really appreciate it!

So... along those lines, JLY and I have submitted our site to a couple of web fiction websites, so I wanted to let everyone know that you can now find a listing of our book at Pages Unbound and the Webfiction Guide. We've had so many thoughtful and amazing emails/comments that I thought I'd throw those two links out there to see if anyone would be interested in giving us a ranking/writing a review at one of those sites. (Who wouldn't want to write a review for SFA? No one, presumably... Right? =D)

Anyway, apparently the only way JLY, KM Ricker, and I can manage to get anything done is to set some strict deadlines... The latest one we've set is to try to submit the manuscript to Booksurge by Sept 15th. Given how long the formatting, etc. takes, that should mean the book will be ready to buy in time for the holidays... Hopefully. So, as per usual, we're scrambling to get everything done, tighten up anything that needs tightening, and add in all the scenes we think make sense to add.

As JLY and I have mentioned a bit, we're planning on filling in Fell's arc somewhat more completely, so you can look for a couple more Fell scenes in the first book. Honestly, one of the main reasons that Fell was neglected was the steady-progression nature of his character. Warriors take their lumps and grind through the first year, so that's what Fell is doing... and unfortunately, that's not particularly eventful, or plot-relevant... (We can really only have so many scenes where Fell gets beaten up again, right?) But, looking back, we did end up skipping over some parts... So, I can now definitely say that we're going to round all of that out a little more, particularly the social side of Fell's first year.

Other than that, just more of the same type of work that we've been talking about for the past couple months... the Fell additions are the last major thing on our list, along with a couple other scenes that need looking at... and, realistically, probably going over the entire thing one last time... But, after that! We can submit it! I feel like I've been saying that for awhile...

Anyway, I'm looking forward to submitting it, and finally really moving on to work full-on for book 2. We'll keep you updated as we go along... With hope and much luck, the next time I post, I'll be congratulating the SFA team on successfully submitting our book to Booksurge by September 15th. ^_^

<3

KL

No comments:

Post a Comment